Thursday, September 10, 2026

Werewolf Wednesday

I was at the gym the other day and a buddy mine that once we see each other we talk horror movies instead of lift mentioned that it is getting close to Halloween.  It is getting so close to the season that I have already switched my viewing pleasures to all horror related.  Yesterday while coming up with my viewing list they were two werewolf movies on there so I went all out and proclaimed it Werewolf Wednesday.  So here are the lycanthropes that I watched:


A routine military exercise turns into a nightmare in the Scottish wilderness.  Think Walter Hill's Southern Comfort here but these soldiers run into werewolves, not hillbillies.  A great action horror movie from director Neil Marshall who would later brings us The Descent.


A new awkward park ranger arrives in a small town, and murder and havoc soon follows. The paranoid townsfolk soon suspect each other, but a devious, shapeshifting werewolf becomes their prime suspect. But who is it?  A great who done it horror comedy and yeah, that the AT&T girl in the middle of the poster.


Upon his return to his father's estate, aristocrat Larry Talbot meets a beautiful woman, attends a mystical carnival and uncovers a horrifying curse.  Of course I had to add the grand daddy of all werewolf movies here.  Universal's 4k is absolutely gorgeous.


In a small town, brutal killings start to plague the close-knit community. Marty, a paraplegic boy, is convinced the murders are the doings of a werewolf.  I always remember staying up late one night to watch this on HBO for the first time and fell in love with it immediately.  Gary Busey is the worst/best uncle ever and is quite the character in this werewolf classic.




No comments: