Monday, September 14, 2026

Suck Your Blood Sunday

 It's horror time around here so I decided to to stick with a theme all night and go with the vamps.  Here's what blood suckers I checked out:



Dracula: Prince of Darkness- Ten years after his demise, Count Dracula is resurrected by his servant and preys on four unsuspecting English tourists who have taken shelter in his castle.  Besides Bela Lugosi, Christopher Lee is my next favorite vampire.  He does not have any lines of dialogue in this but hisses his way thru it.



Near Dark- A small-town farmer's son reluctantly joins a traveling group of vampires after he is bitten by a beautiful drifter.  The absolute most underrated vampire movie ever.  If you have not checked out this gem do us all a favor.  It is difficult to watch this legally, it's not streaming anywhere and it is only on DVD.  I have read it should be coming out on 4K blu ray for its fortieth anniversary next year.  Fingers crossed. 


Dracula’s Daughter- When Countess Marya Zaleska appears in London, mysterious events occur that lead Dr. Von Helsing to believe that the Countess must be a vampire.  I wanted to watch a Universal pic that I have not seen and rolled with this one.  Meh.


Lost Boys- When a recently divorced mother and her two teenage boys move to a coastal town to stay with her father, it doesn't take long for the brothers to realize the area is a haven for something much more sinister than party-going surfers.  One of the greatest vampire movies ever.  This is that vampire movie you watch and you think to yourself, being a vampire might be kind of cool.  A stacked cast of nobody’s back then who most went on to have great careers.


No comments: