Thursday, May 19, 2011

Stop or My Mom Will Shoot 1992

I am doing this partial movie review by request.  Yes, I guess I do them.  In the late eighties Stallone ran his Rocky and Rambo franchises into the ground and was trying to distance himself from these flicks and try something different.  Comedy.  This career move resembled what Clint Eastwood and Burt Reynolds did in the late seventies by switching gears a bit and doing some comedy movies themselves with Every Which Way but Loose and Smokey and the Bandit.  It worked great for them but not so well for Sly.  Sly and Arnold ruled the eighties and created the ultimate alpha male with muscles, guns, and explosions.  I just did not want to see these guys in a comedy movie; it does not seem right.  I remember being in the theater and seeing the trailer for this and condemning it before the reel was even finished.  Sly with a Golden Girl?  Rubbish.  I think I have watched maybe five minutes of this on TBS and still will not waste the 87 minutes to watch this trash.  Luckily Sly had Cliffhanger after this slop heap to make an action comeback.  Definitely not recommended.

1 comment:

Pete said...

I am amazed. This has to be the first review of this movie since in first came out on VHS. I'm impressed!