Wednesday, April 11, 2012

New Release Tuesday

I am returning from a Spring Break and look forward to jumping right back into this thing.  My job, the awesome Texas weather, and the start of baseball season has had me busy of late but the show must go on.  It's that slow time for new releases and I am working on my best of 2011 list that should be concluded next week with the release of Shame and Mission Impossible 4 to give them the opportunity to be included.  On with it...

I have always liked Meryl Streep and it seems most other people do too since she has been nominated so many times that Steve Martin claimed she had the record for most losses at the Oscars.  This role does not have me very interested as her Margaret Thatcher impersonation seems alot like her Julia Child one from recently.


I am in no way a Dark Shadows fan at all but do find it impressive the vampire soap opera lasted over 1200 episodes and a few movies back in the day.  Now that director Tim Burton and Johnny Depp have their version coming out soon interest is picking up the old version.  Be ready to shell out over $500 bucks for this version with every episode and a really cool box.

FX's Justified finished up yesterday and I will miss my favorite show until January.  Raylan came out unscathed and brought down Quarrels and finally got Boyd.  For a very short while.  Nice twist at the end of the show with Arlo.  Did he really kill Trooper Tom?  Or was Quarrels screwing with Raylan one last time?  It took me awhile to catch this but loved how Raylan gave Quarrels back his own gun to implicate him in the killing of Winona's ex-husband Gary.   Raylan and Limehouse sure did a nice job of disarming Mr. Carpetbagger.

No comments: