Wednesday, April 24, 2013

2013 movies to Look Forward To

Looking forward to some of the flicks Tinseltown has laid out for us this year.  Here are some and they are not necessarily in any order.  Or are they?


Director Guillermo Del Toro returns to duty behind the camera finally.  This is giant robots fighting monsters.  Sounds pretty cool huh?

I loved the Lone Ranger as a kid and I have my high ho silver hopes up for this summer flick.  This movie was plagued by all sorts of issues starting with the budget, The Lone Ranger got busted for pot in West Texas, and weather caused all sorts of delays.  I look forward to checking this semi-western out.

Tony Stark returns to a solo project that hopefully means the movie will not be bogged down with all the Avenger initiatives that part 2 was saddled with.

Danny Trejo and director Robert Rodriguez return for another chapter of Machete.  Let the fiesta begin!

I think my wife may be looking more forward to this than me and this cannot be any worst than the last one, right?

Saw the trailer for this the other day and man I am jazzed for this now.  This is looking pretty good now and Michael Shannon as Zod may be the best casting of the year.

Chucky is making a comeback and it sounds like he makes a more serious return to horror.  I loved the comedic turn of the last two but it's time Chuck got back to his roots.  And Brad Dourif returns too!

New Stars Wars director J.J. Abrams brings us his next Star Trek chapter.  The crew of the Enterprise I am sure will have to defend the planet.

Director Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost all return to complete their most excellent trilogy.  Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are among the best comedies of the last decade so it is also a bit sad that this greatness comes to an end.

Looks like Men in Black to me but with a much better lead actor.  Jeff Bridges carries over his Rooster Cogburn to this sci-fi, comedic role.


Since the Rock is on board I will keep watching these.

The movie has been through more issues than the Lone Ranger so I head into this very cautiously.  This has zombies going for it and that may be enough to salvage it.

The Escape Plan

Sly and Arnold star in this action flick that has them teaming up to escape from a high tech prison.

No comments: