Tuesday, May 21, 2013

New Release Tuesday

Arnold is back!  This bombed at the box office and I am not quite sure why.  This was a fun action movie that does not take itself too serious.  Maybe Arnold should have made his comeback with one of his established franchises but I assume many thought this was a safe bet.  Nice, mid level budget action flick with up and coming director Jee-Woon Kim (The Good, The Bad, The Weird and I Saw the Devil).  The movies' biggest faults are the bad guy sucks because he spends most of the movie in a car and Johnny Knoxville is in it.  I bet this does much better on home video.  Look out for the great Harry Dean Stanton in this.

I really enjoyed the Lego Star Wars shows that came out recently so hopefully this will be good too. 

This is a down right true and creepy serial killer movie that finally make its DVD/ Blu ray debut from Scream Factory .  This came out in 1976 and I enjoy that it keeps its correct setting in the 1940s and is very original for its time.  Directed by good ol' Arkansas boy, the late Charles B. Pierce. (The Legend of Boggy Creek)  It's from Scream Factory so it will look and sound great and be loaded with special features.  Look at that mask.  Do you think Friday the 13th Part ripped that off?

This movie features the same character from Lee Marvin's Point Blank and Mel Gibson's Payback.  I have not see this yet but I am going to bet Statham is a thief that gets screwed over, left for dead, and the rest of the movie is about revenge and ass kicking.  Sounds good.  I wish it had a different co-star though.

Scream Factory brings us another classic horror flick that I am not quite sure if I saw it or not.  A camp counselor goes out for revenge as a summer camp prank went wrong.  Be on the lookout for George Costanza in this. 

Do not confuse this with the blockbuster from two summers ago.  I remember catching this on TV one night and it was really bad.  So I may have to check it out some time!

No comments: