Thursday, June 19, 2014

New Release Tuesday

This movie is awesome!  Really, it surprised me too.  I did not thing you could make a good movie about plastic building blocks that have been licensed to every character you can think of now without it just being a 90 minute Lego commercial.  There is a great combination of original characters along with some well known characters and really good cameos too!  Give it a build!

I saw a little movie called Bottle Rocket back in 1996 because I had read it was a Dallas production and it was from a UT grad starring some local boys.  The quirky, funny movie became an absolute favorite of mine as I am sure it did to the other 4 people in the theater too.  After this scored with critics Anderson’s career took and I look forward to all of them he puts out.  I can’t wait to sit and watch this and I know there will probably be a Criterion release of this in the future but I cannot wait.

Elizabeth Banks rocks so why not give this a shot.  She is in the Lego movie too!


This is another documentary on the adventures of VHS collecting that has become quite a hobby for some enthusiasts.  I myself do not have room for them unless we start building over the garage, hint, hint.



No comments: