Tuesday, September 23, 2014

New Release Tuesday

Finally, one whole set of my favorite horror franchise.  Scream Factory has teamed with Anchor Bay to bring us the first ever complete collection of Halloween.  It starts with John Carpenter’s Halloween and goes thru Rob Zombie’s Halloween 2 and is stacked with special features out the kazoo and even includes the producer’s cut of Halloween 6 which has only been available on bootleg DVD until now.  Yeah, it’s expensive but it may be the only time we get a complete collection as video rights for parts of the franchise are all over the place so I am really glad to finally have it.  Come on Amazon!

Another one of my favorite horror franchises get some love this week as Warner Brothers releases The Exorcist: The Complete Anthology as parts 2 and 3 are making their blu debut.  The first is a classic, the second is a turd, and the third one was quite good and I never saw the fourth in the series or the director’s cut if it either.  It is nice to see all of these in one pack now.

Another complete collection of a horror franchise and I have only seen the first two parts of.  There sure seems to be much love for this newer franchise but I never could get on board with it.

Um, no thanks.

I will take this one instead!




No comments: