Monday, July 18, 2016

New Release Last Tuesday

This documentary details the making of Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic, from conception through to completion.   This is a new doc of my favorite horror anthology and has what looks to be most of the cast (that’s alive) and crew except for Mr. King himself.  This looks mighty tasty.


A punk rock band is forced to fight for survival after witnessing a murder at a neo-Nazi skinhead bar after finishing their set.  This is a real tight thriller and I really enjoyed Patrick Stewart doing something a little different.  Highly recommended.

A group of college baseball players navigate their way through the freedoms and responsibilities of unsupervised adulthood.   I saw a poster for this somewhere and I thought that looks like a Dazed and Confused wannabe.  I had no idea Richard Linklater had a new movie out and this was his so no wonder I thought that about this new title.  This went under my radar somehow and after reading the synopsis maybe this is a somewhat related Dazed sequel?  The main character from Dazed was a pitcher and this is about baseball players.  Just my two cents.

Fighting crime is a full-time job and Batman NEVER takes a vacation. That is until he finally agrees to let Batgirl and Nightwing take him on a long overdue trip - leaving Superman and Robin to babysit Gotham City.  These Lego DC adventures are a lot of fun and this one is no exception.



After a traumatic accident, a woman becomes drawn to a mysterious abandoned carnival.
Criterion just released this classic so it may be time to upgrade my old cheap public domain DVD.



No comments: