Tuesday, September 6, 2016

New Release Tuesday

The Four Horsemen resurface and are forcibly recruited by a tech genius to pull off their most impossible heist yet.  The original was pretty good and it was quite original so this will warrant a viewing.

A young boy befriends a giant robot from outer space that a paranoid government agent wants to destroy.   I only recently discovered this animated flick and it is wonderful.  I love the story and the old animation style director Brad Bird went with on this.  People have been requesting this title on blu for a while so this release is very welcome.

I am watching season one right now and I am enjoying this quite a bit.  

Everyone needs some Hammer in their collection.  I am not sure if I have seen any of these but I like most of the Hammer I have seen so far.  Hammer time!

A tough bouncer is hired to tame a dirty bar. This is a pure action classic with the late Patrick Swayze and the great Sam Elliot.  Remember, pain don’t hurt.

Larry Abbot, speaker in the radio horror shows of Manhattan Mystery Theater wants to marry. For the marriage he takes his fiancée home to the castle where he grew up among his eccentric relatives. His uncle decides that he needs to be cured from a neurotic speech defect and exaggerated bursts of fear: he gives him a shock therapy with palace ghosts. I do not recall seeing this Gene Wilder comedy and its release comes at a good time with the loss of the comedic genius.

The younger brother of the consulting detective tries to steal Sherlock's glory by solving an important case assisted by an eccentric Scotland Yard detective and a lovely but suspicious actress. This has been on my DVD wish list for a long time so I am glad I waited and can now get it on blu.


 LBJ becomes the President of the United States in the chaotic aftermath of JFK's assassination and spends his first year in office fighting to pass the Civil Rights Act. Cranston looks great and this and I love 60s period pieces.











No comments: