Monday, June 12, 2017

R.I.P. Adam West 1928-2017



It has been rough few weeks as I lost the James Bond I grew up with and now I have lost the Batman I grew up with.  I remember watching Batman ’66 (That’s what the cool kids call it these days) in syndication several times a day on TV and most of that on a 13-inch black and white so I really did not appreciate all the cool colors on the show until I grew up.  I even had a Batman costume my grandmother made for me from a sewing pattern. Adam West was great as Batman and he was even more cool because he had the Batmobile and all those cool Bat gadgets in his utility belt and he could deliver those lines like no other.  When I was a little kid I did not know the show was a comedy but when I grew up and did realize that I enjoyed it even more because West was so good at it.  I was very excited when Batman ’66 finally came out on DVD and blu ray after some rights issues were finally settled so I can always enjoy all the colors and the greatness of Adam West, thank you sir.  The atomic batteries to power and turbines to speed.


No comments: