Wednesday, September 19, 2018

New Release Tuesday


Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom- When the island's dormant volcano begins roaring to life, Owen and Claire mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs from this extinction-level event.  I enjoyed the last one quite a bit so I will spin this one and hope it is better than the last part two.



X-Files Season 11- We were all giddy when it was announced Mulder and Scully were returning for a tenth season and it was nice to have them back but that short season of six episodes was a mixed bag at best.  I watched the first episode of season eleven and was not impressed at all and did watch any of the rest, but I will get this to complete the series.




Impulse- After a small earthquake in a tiny, quiet town, local citizens start to exhibit bizarre, violent and self-destructive behavior. It’s been awhile since I have seen this but I remember this being a pretty cool movie during the VHS era.




Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead- Mike and Reggie continue to hunt the mysterious Tall Man, discovering along the way that the invasion has already begun.  I did not pick up the box set when Phantasm 5 was released awhile back so I am glad this and the next are out so I can complete this series just in time for Halloween.




Phantasm IV: Oblivion- Mike travels through time and dimensions to find the Tall Man's origins. See above.




Hired Hand- Harry returns home to his wife and farm after drifting with his friend Arch and has to make a difficult decision regarding his loyalties.  This is one of those movies that has been sitting on the shelf collecting dust and I am going to dust it off one of these days.


No comments: