Wednesday, February 13, 2019

New Release Tuesday


Bohemian Rhapsody- The story of the legendary rock band Queen and lead singer Freddie Mercury, leading up to their famous performance at Live Aid in 1985.  I would call myself a casual Queen fan and I had a little interest in checking this out and I am very glad I did.  The movie is loose with some of the facts and times but hey, its for the drama.  Rami Malek is awesome as Freddie and it is a lot about the late front man but it is more about Queen and you will leave the theater wanting more.  Ten years from now there will be a good documentary about what happened behind the scenes of this film and its’ director.  Highly recommended.



Valentine- Five women are stalked by an unknown assailant while preparing for Valentine's Day.  Just in time for the holiday!  I never saw this and I do not remember this movie making any noise at all so I am gonna pass on this even if it is from the great Scream Factory. 





Fright Night- A teenager discovers that the newcomer in his neighborhood is a vampire, so he turns to an actor in a television horror show for help dealing with the undead.  This is a great horror flick from the 80s that has been a limited blu ray release that has sold out in the past but it looks like Sony is giving it a full release now.  Unfortunately Amazon must be in a pissing match with Sony about something because it is still not available yet.  I will be sure to pick this up this time.  This is a great take on vampires mixed in with the MTV explosion of the time.  Highly recommended.

No comments: