Friday, March 22, 2019

New Release Tuesdays

I cannot keep this thing up to date and I have a handful of reviews I would like to post too, so bear with me.  I will get this thing back on track some time.  Family, work, gym time, and just life in general is getting the best of me but I will conquer and survive.  Let's look at some of the physical releases of the last two weeks:

Green Book- A working-class Italian-American bouncer becomes the driver of an African-American classical pianist on a tour of venues through the 1960s American South.  As always do not let Spike Lee’s hissy fit at the Oscars fool you, this is a really good movie.  I really like how the characters made each other better people.  That is a nice message.  Isn't it?


Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald- The second installment of the "Fantastic Beasts" series featuring the adventures of Magizoologist Newt Scamander.  I have not seen a Harry Potter movie but I did see the first Fantastic Beasts, so I saw this follow-up and it is not bad.



The Craft- A newcomer to a Catholic prep high school falls in with a trio of outcast teenage girls who practice witchcraft, and they all soon conjure up various spells and curses against those who anger them.  I have not seen this since the laser disc days and I did not care it then but I am sure Scream Factory put some TLC in this for fans of it.



Man’s Best Friend- A genetically engineered dog escapes from the science facility where it was created. A family takes it in unaware of its deadly instincts which soon emerge. The scientist who created the dog tries to find it before it’s too late.  This is not a very good movie but I do love the scene where the dog swallows a cat in one gulp.  This is one of the few movies where the great Lance Henrickson cannot save the movie.  Horrible artwork.



Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse- Teen Miles Morales becomes Spider-Man of his reality, crossing his path with five counterparts from other dimensions to stop a threat for all realities.  This is one of the best animated movies of all-time and definitely one of the best movies of last year.  Highly recommended.



Strip Nude for Your Killer- And leave your motorcycle helmet on.  Ah, Italian Horror.




The Minion- Not to be confused with The Minions Movie.  How did I miss this Lundgren movie?

No comments: