Tuesday, December 15, 2020

New Release Tuesday

 

Tenet- Armed with only one word, Tenet, and fighting for the survival of the entire world, a Protagonist journeys through a twilight world of international espionage on a mission that will unfold in something beyond real time.  I went to the theater to catch this and it is good but it was not the movie to get audiences back to the theater yet.  Wonder Woman 1984 will do that even if it is streaming on HBO Max.  It is a solid effort from Nolan and for me always requires a re-watch soon after to catch some more details so I was glad Target had this in stock today.  This may be Nolan's last movie with Warner Brothers after he ripped them for the HBO Max release the same day as theaters.  


I love this classic cartoons and I am really pleased that Warner Archive released another volume of these,  Highly recommended.



Curse of Frankenstein- Victor Frankenstein builds a creature and brings it to life, but it behaves not as he intended.  This is one of the best Hammer movies from what I remember so I will be ordering this soon after Christmas.  I always like the Cushing and Lee pairings.


Wolf of Snow Hollow- Terror grips a small mountain town as bodies are discovered after each full moon. Losing sleep, raising a teenage daughter, and caring for his ailing father, officer Marshall struggles to remind himself there's no such thing as werewolves.  This is a good looking werewolf movie that features one of the last performances of the late, great Robert Forster.



No comments: