Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Triple Shot Tuesday

 On Tuesdays I like to kick back and watch some movies.  Here is what was watched last night:



This movie is tradition in August because my daughter is headed back to school soon and it is her favorite movie.  If you're not first, you're last.  Did you know that Christopher Nolan is a big fan? https://www.darkhorizons.com/chris-nolan-is-a-big-talladega-nights-fan/



The great William Friedkin passed away last week I thought it was time to honor the man by doing a double.  Friedkin as well as Gene Hackman won Oscars for this gritty crime classic that features one of the best if not the best car chases on film.  It was guerilla filmmaking at its finest because they did a lot of it without permits.


I remember this movie was at the dollar theater on my Christmas break in 1985 and I do not remember how many times I snuck into see this excellent Friedkin action movie about a secret service agent after a counterfeiter.  Friedkin tried to one up himself here with a car chase that ranks up there among the best on film too.  A young Willem Dafoe is perfectly cast as the villain.



No comments: