Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Harry's Addiction: Physical Media

Call me old fashion but I still like to buy my Blu Rays, DVDs, and CD's.  I like to touch them and read the inserts (if there are any) and have the ability to put a disc in and push play whenever I want.  I like to shop around for them and be on the hunt for that rare buried treasure you come across every once in awhile.  I will give Wal Mart credit for having their five dollar DVD and CD bins out.  Yeah, they just dump them in there but digging thru them is part of the fun.  It is sometimes a social gathering too, I meet a buddy of mine for lunch and we hit Wally World after eating to see what lies beneath that massive pile.  For confidentiality purposes I will call said friend "Marty".  We dig thru the pile and find things and ask questions, "Remember this one?" or "How could you have not seen that?" or "Why are all the Eastwood movies in here?".  I discovered this jewel last week:

Four movies for five bucks?  I am in.  Three really good horror flicks and one mediocre, not bad.  I will let you decide the mediocre one.  Searching on screens or queues does not appeal to me.  Sure, going thru the Netflix streaming queue turns up some rare finds on occasion but it is not the same as putting it on the shelf.  By the way, I am running out of room for this stuff.  And when I do stream something there always seem to be some sort of interruption in service.  That does not happen with the real stuff.  I know it is the future but for now I will be resistant.  Bring on the sales!

No comments: