Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Dark Knight Rises


I got to the theater this past weekend and caught the most anticipated summer movie of the season.  Dark Knight Rises is an epic movie and the final chapter of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy and Nolan had his hands full in following up the Dark Knight. 

 I will keep this short and spoiler free, this is a good movie but a bit of a let down.  Nolan and star Christian Bale confirmed that this is their last Batman and it shows with both of them as they seemed to be a little bored winding this thing up.  Bale just roles through this with little emotion and looks like he would rather be else where.  Luckily Gary Oldman, Michael Caine, Anne Hathaway, and Tom Hardy make up for Bale's dismal performance.

Nolan also co-wrote this with his brother and man are there alot of plot holes in Dark Knight Rises.  I am not giving anything a way here but how does a certain character know Bruce Wayne is Batman?  How does Bruce get back to Gotham near the end of the movie?  The movie clocks in near three hours and maybe that was the reason for some awkward scenes and missing information.  I think this flick could have had about 10 to 12 minutes cut and would have played better. I  liked the finale except I wish the screen would have cut to black one frame sooner.

I am huge Batman fan so these movies always get a little more latitude from me and on a scale of four this is a very solid 3.   It is recommended so give it a watch!

No comments: