Tuesday, August 7, 2012

New Release Tuesday

I'm back from a mountainous vacation and feeling somewhat refreshed since I was able to escape the Texas heat and enjoy the Colorado cool air.  Any way here is some of today's new stuff and some I missed while I was out:


I absolutely love this movie!  This was my favorite flick of 1997.  John Cusack plays a professional assassin (or dies he sell biscuits at KFC?)  who wonders back to his hometown to do a job and also attend his ten year high school reunion.  Things get a little tricky when he runs into an old flame and the job also becomes complicated.  The scene when Cusack is holding the baby with Queen playing in the background is priceless.  Dan Akroyd also stars as a competing assassin.  The highest of recommendations.


I remember seeing this little horror gem with an older friend at the theater in 1981.  Some people open a closed well and find some new friends waiting for them.  Nice little low budget flick.  I recall a really cool first person or monster camera angle here.


The last good movie Mel Brooks made?  Possibly.  A really good Stars Wars spoof as Brooks, Moranis, and the late John Candy steal the show here.  "I see your Schwartz is bigger than mine."


A great one here as we have Sean Connery vs. Peter Boyle.  There are miners on a moon of Jupiter that are given drugs that make them productive workers for while but then they start going a little psycho.  Connery plays the station sheriff trying to figure out what is going on while being strong armed by the company man Boyle.  This is basically High Noon in space.  Nice job by Warner Brothers here as the previous DVD was about unwatchable


The late great Patrick Swayze plays a city cop that grew up in the country as his family gets tangled up with the city mob bosses.  Not a bad little action flick and also stars Liam Neeson with a very strange accent in this one.


I have read good things about this little horror flick so I am going to give it a spin.  I am guessing this is about a guy that is out to collect extra fees when someone withdraws cash at an ATM.  

No comments: