Wednesday, January 15, 2014

New Release Tuesday

This was Michael Mann’s first feature movie and boy is it awesome!  This is such a cool flick and you can just see this is where Miami Vice and Heat were born from.  James Caan is at the top of his game as he plays a safe cracker trying to get out of the game by doing a few more scores but runs into some trouble doing so.  This also stars Jim Belushi, Tuesday Weld, Dennis Farina, and Willie Nelson.  Also has great music by Tangerine Dream.  This is the first blu ray release of this and it is from Criterion so it will be packed with many goodies.   I usually wait for Criterion sales but I gotta bite the bullet and get this as I have wanted to watch this for awhile.   The Highest of recommendations.  

This is a horror movie that got great reviews last year and did descent box office too.  It is a home invasion movie with a comedic twist to it as well.  I am looking very forward to this and those are some great looking masks.

Pitch Black is a good horror action movie with Riddick as a Snake Plissken wannabe.  I never saw the prequel The Chronicles of Riddick as I read it was a bloated space soap opera.  This sequel apparently gets back to its roots and did quite well at the box office. I am interested.

I have not seen this but it will be hard to even consider it can be any better to the De Palma classic.  But I love horror so I will get to it eventually.

I do not know a thing about this but I do know the director and star Michael B. Jordan (Chronicle, Friday Night Lights-TV) were heavily praised for this and this earned them enough cred to get the Rocky spinoff Creed going.

See my next article for another release...





No comments: