Monday, November 24, 2014

New Release Tuesday

I really like Robert Rodriguez’s films but I have never taken the time to see either of these yet.  I even scored a copy of an Oscar screener copy of Sin City at Half Price books but it still sits on the shelf.  I like the look and style of these but very mixed reviews always leads me to putting it off and selecting something else.  One of these days…

I never watched the show but 21 Jump Street was a solid action, comedy flick.  I am just about ready to let Channing Tatum into the cool guy club.

I have never seen this Christmas horror flick as I always fancy Silent Night, Deadly Night myself but I am willing to give this a shot.  A psycho in a Santa suit gets to decide who's been naughty and who's been nice.  Think Norman Bates as Santa.

Oh, we got some good stuff here.  I may seriously have to look at upgrading to this blu from my DVD that looks like it is the laser disc version.  Tom Thomerson stars as Jack Deth and he is a kind of cop/bounty hunter in the bleak Los Angeles of the future. He's become obsessed with chasing Whistler - an evil criminal who uses powerful hypnotic powers to convert people into zombie like creatures known as trancers. Whistler has managed to escape through time travel and is loose in 1980s L.A. but Deth is on his trail.  This is a really cool low budget movie in the vein of the Terminator and also stars Helen Hunt.

Just for you Pete.

Helen Hunt, Bill Paxton, flying cows, and an indestructible Dodge truck take on tornadoes.  Wait a sec...





No comments: