Tuesday, February 7, 2017

New Release Tuesday



Justice League Dark: Beings with supernatural powers join together to fight against supernatural villains. This team of supernatural beings include John Constantine, Zatanna and Jason Blood also known as the demon Etrigan.  The JL Dark live action version was being developed by director Guillermo Del Toro but I think he has since moved on.  I like how WB uses these animated movies to launch some new characters just like they did with Batman: Assault on Arkham that introduced us to the Suicide Squad a couple of years ago.   These animated movies have a better record than the live action movies so far.  Let’s hope Wonder Woman changes that trend this summer.




Loving: The story of Richard and Mildred Loving, an interracial couple, whose challenge of their anti-miscegenation arrest for their marriage in Virginia led to a legal battle that would end at the US Supreme Court.  I really like the movies director Jeff Nichols has turned out so far.  Take Shelter, Mud, and Midnight Special are among my favorite movies of the last few years so I am ready to check out his latest effort.



Frank and Lola: A psychosexual noir love story, set in Las Vegas and Paris, about love, obsession, sex, betrayal, revenge and, ultimately, the search for redemption. I love me some Michael Shannon so I need to check this out soon.



Postcards from the Edge: A substance-addicted actress tries to look on the bright side even as she is forced to move back in with her mother to avoid unemployment. This is a book and screenplay from the late Carrie Fisher who based this on her life and her relationship with her Mom, the late Debbie Reynolds.  R.I.P. ladies.

No comments: