Tuesday, January 8, 2019

New Release Tuesday


 Hell Fest- A masked serial killer turns a horror-themed amusement park into his own personal playground, terrorizing a group of friends while the rest of the patrons believe that it is all part of the show.  This horror flick got lots of love but got lost on all of the Halloween 2018 hoopla.  I love flicks that look like The Funhouse so I am ready to give this a spin.  



The Car: Road to Revenge- I really love 1977’s The Car and I spotted this sequel on a site recently.  In IMDB there is not much there besides it takes place in a cyberpunk city plagued by crime and corruption (Old Detroit, Robocop?) and The Car is no where near as cool as the original, but Ronny Cox is listed on the Facebook page as “the mechanic”.  He was a drunk deputy in the original so is it the same character?  This is probably garbage but I ordered it anyway and I am holding out hope it is descent.



Castle Rock- Based on the stories of Stephen King, the series will intertwine characters and themes from the fictional town of Castle Rock.  I do not have Hulu but a this sounds pretty interesting.


When Harry Met Sally- Harry and Sally have known each other for years, and are very good friends, but they fear sex would ruin the friendship.  A romantic comedy classic directed by Meathead himself. 


Judgement Night- Four friends on their way to a boxing match get caught in heavy traffic, so they take a shortcut in order to get there faster, unfortunately it leads to them witnessing a murder which leaves them running for their lives. Warner Archive brings up this 90s goodness and I do not think I have seen this since the laser disc days.







No comments: