Wednesday, December 18, 2019

New Releases Last Week

OK, I am up to my balls in work and Christmas stuff like watching Christmas movies, shopping, parties, and I have not wrapped a thing yet.  Last week had some great titles come out, some I already got and I hope Sants brings a couple of these. Let's take a look:



Once Upon A Time in Hollywood- A faded television actor and his stunt double strive to achieve fame and success in the film industry during the final years of Hollywood's Golden Age in 1969 Los Angeles.  This looks great, I think the Brad and Leo characters are loosely based on Burt Reynolds and Hal Needham and seems really cool.  I do not think I have seen a Tarantino movie in the theater since Jackie Brown.  Don’ t get me wrong, I love them I just do not do three movies in the theaters anymore with the exception of Avengers and the upcoming Star Wars movie.  I already picked this up and will spin it as soon as I am done with my Christmas and Christmas horror movies this season.  I still have a few to go watch.



It: Chapter 2- Twenty-seven years after their first encounter with the terrifying Pennywise, the Losers Club have grown up and moved away, until a devastating phone call brings them back.  The first one was pretty good and got critical love and mucho box office but this follow-up did not get received as well and I think the almost three hour runtime has something to do with that, just like what happened to Dr. Sleep recently.  Looking forward to seeing how these guys fare as adults against the creepy clown.




The Fly Collection- Scream Factory has put together a great looking collection here as you get very Fly movie ever made.  This is on my Christmas list.



Stick- Released from prison, Stick meets up with a friend and joins him on a job delivering a bag. His friend gets killed in the setup. Stick gets away and is ready to forget all and see his daughter, but they won't forget.  I am glad to see Burt’s lesser known movies are getting some blu love.  This features one of the best stunts ever with stuntman Dar Robinson falling off a building using his own invention, a decelerator, so cameras could film from above without a visible airbag being seen below.  The movie is worth it for that alone.




The Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas- A kindly English botanist and a gruff American scientist lead an expedition to the Himalayas in search of the legendary Yeti.  This is another great looking classic from Scream Factory.  I am really digging older horror movies lately so hopefully Santa brings this one too.


No comments: