Tuesday, December 3, 2019

New Release Tuesday

Hey, look I am on time!  I am sort of caught up on things in life, we transformed the house from Halloween to Christmas, I have most of my shopping done, and I am caught up at work.  Life is not bad now.  We have had some great stuff come out the past two weeks with two of my absolute favs, so let's check then out:



Robocop- In a dystopic and crime-ridden Detroit, a terminally wounded cop returns to the force as a powerful cyborg haunted by submerged memories. By the way, this came out last week. I remember seeing the trailer for this and I thought even at the age of 13 it looked stupid, a lot of people did.  I am sure glad Paul Verhoeven showed us how wrong we were because this movie is awesome and it still holds up today.  The action in this is amazing and it throws in some satire in which is not something we got in our action movies back then.  This is another of those movies I have bought countless times but Arrow went all out on this and it should be considered the definitive release of this classic.  There has been some direct sequel discussion to this with the original writer and a director has been attached.  If you keep the budget modest unlike the last Terminator movie this could be successful.  The highest of recommendations and I would buy that for a dollar!



Big Trouble in Little China- A rough-and-tumble trucker helps rescue his friend's fiancée from an ancient sorcerer in a supernatural battle beneath Chinatown.  This is another classic that I originally missed in the theater but so did everyone else and this movie tanked but gained a new life on HBO thankfully and the rest is cult history.  Seems to be the case for some John Carpenter’s movies.  Again, I have bought this countless times starting with laser disc but Scream Factory has released this in different versions so I went with the steel book with a record and it all comes in a cool box with the Porkchop Express on it.  This also comes with the highest of recommendations and remember, it’s all in the reflexes.



Game of Thrones- The series took a long time but it finally concluded and everyone was pissed about it.  Me, I did not think it ended that bad.



Boar- In the harsh, yet beautiful Australian outback lives a beast, an animal of staggering size, with a ruthless, driving need for blood and destruction. It cares for none, defends its territory with brutal force, and kills with a raw, animalistic savagery unlike any have seen before.  I got a thing for hog movies so this is right up my alley.  Sounds a lot like Razorback though.  I need to get Shudder…




Ready or Not- A bride's wedding night takes a sinister turn when her eccentric new in-laws force her to take part in a terrifying game.  If you have not seen Samara Weaving then you need to check her out in Mayhem or the Babysitter, she is awesome.  I cannot wait to give this a spin just for her.

1 comment:

quatermass said...

Boar is a lot like Razorback, but it is fun in a bizarre way. Yes, you need to get Shudder. I loved the Creepshow series on there.