Wednesday, February 22, 2023

New Release Tuesday

 I have not done one of these in a while.  There is still usually some descent stuff that comes out weekly, it's that you have to get almost all of it from Mr. Amazon now as Wal Mart and Target have empty shelves in the movie section or what's left of it.  I do not buy as much as I use to, I am going for quality now over quantity seeing as I am running out of room for movies.  Anyway, here is a few worthy titles to consider:



The Hunter- Bounty hunter Ralph "Papa" Thorson is receiving death threats from a criminal he helped put away. This while his girlfriend is about to give birth, an event he isn't looking forward to.  This was Steve McQueen’s last movie and this is the first time this has been released on blu ray.  It’s been awhile since I have seen this; it’s not bad but McQueen is very sad looking in this action flick.



Werewolf of Washington- A reporter who has had an affair with the daughter of the U.S. President is sent to Hungary. There he is bitten by a werewolf, and then gets transferred back to Washington, where he gets a job as press assistant to the President. Then bodies start turning up in D.C.  I have always heard of this and now I am intrigued.  



Now see, this is my kind if deal.  Four descent action movies for $12.  And it does not take up much shelf space either.  


Dragonslayer- A young wizarding apprentice is sent to kill a dragon which has been devouring girls from a nearby kingdom.  I remember seeing this in the theater.  I wonder if the special effects still hold up on this flick?  I will find out soon enough.

No comments: