Saturday, February 25, 2023

Pancake Saturday

 


On Saturdays I usually serve up pancakes for breakfast and then reflect on what happened that week.  Think of it like my scatter shooting of the week.  Here is what I have in the barrel this week:


*Jimmy Kimmel is hosting the Oscars.  Again.  I stopped watching years ago but with the “slap” last year that has turned off even more viewers because it was also a slap in the face to those at home watching and then the network brings this bore back?  No thanks, I will probably be watching some movies that night.  Go Everything Everywhere All at Once!

*If you thought the NFL Pro-Bowl sucked before, did you watch them play flag football?  Pathetic.  The MLB All-Star game is the only “All Star’ sports event worth watching anymore.

*Aaron Rodgers is again holing the Green Bay Packers hostage again this off season.  I was hoping he would get lost in his all-dark retreat but apparently, he found his way out of the hole.  At least Brady retired, I think.

*Creed 3 comes out next month.  No Stallone, no watch.

*Baseball spring training started this week.  This makes me happy.  The Texas Rangers started the spring with at least six quality starters this year compared to the two they had last year.  Don’t go making World Series plans just yet.  They have a lot of work to do to get past the Astros and Mariners.

*Car drivers in my family is increasing so I had to buy a used car recently.  After some shopping I found one I was interested in and went to work on it.  Once it got down to crunch time with the sales guy I needed some more off, and he offered they are a no haggle car lot.  What?!  Where is the fun in that?  The car sales guy is the one guy you can hustle, or make miserable, and they say that now.  Anyway after holding out for two days I got my deal.


No comments: