Wednesday, October 19, 2011

New Release Tuesday

Warner Brothers continues to release top notch animated features and this one is based on Frank Miller's book of the same name.  It is an origin story of how Bruce Wayne became Batman and his relationship with Jim Gordon.  This one has been getting good reviews.  Now if Warner could get their live action movies on par with their animated ones.

 I saw the first one and it seemed just like the beginning of a big money grubbing franchise.  It appears I was correct, all looks and bad stories.

One of my favorites from the 90's.  I watched this laser disc many times and it looks like they finally got the authoring of this disc correct so now night scenes look like night scenes.  A budding rock star and his mate are killed by a ruthless gang and he comes back to avenge their death.  The jewel here is Brandon Lee, he left us way too soon.  Has a killer soundtrack and score to support it.

Still on Sons of Anarchy season 4 as I fear we had a big loss last night.  Archer season 1 is really good too.

The Rangers are back in the World Series for the second year in a row.  I am getting used to this, now let's go win four more!

.