Wednesday, December 14, 2011

New Release Tuesday

Jack Black and the gang return in this animated adventure sequel from DreamWorks.  I hold the first movie in high regards and I hear good things about this follow-up.

I have not visited this in awhile but remember good things about this Disney feature as they tried to capitalize on the Batman phenomenon at the time.  Director Joe Johnston did a great job on his second feature here and really did a good job at capturing the 40s look and did so again this past summer with Captain America.

Another 80s horror remake but this one actually scored some good reviews so I will have to check this one out.  I revisited the original recently and enjoyed it a lot.  I like the fact that the cross did not work against Vampires unless you believed in it.

Last years best action movie gets a Sly director's cut with an additional 11 minutes of footage and some new extras as well.  I watched this last night and I must say I prefer this version because it has lot more heart and you really get to know the characters better here too.  Dolph Lundgren and Terry Crews get some more screen time here and I like the score on this take better also.  It has a new opening sequence that is really cool as the new music makes these guys a little more mysterious.  I highly recommend the behind the scenes documentary Inferno that follows Sly during the making of this and man does he take a beating.


Sons of Anarchy season 4 wrapped and the gang is all cool with Jax leading the way and Clay managed to survive.  American Horror Story is coming close to end and went a little Sixth Sense on us last week but I kinda saw it coming.  Justified cannot get here soon enough.  I am catching up on Archer right now and I am really liking it.  It could end up being my favorite animated show going right now.

No comments: