Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pancake Saturday

On Saturdays I usually serve up pancakes for breakfast and then reflect on what happened that week.  Think of it like my scatter shooting of the week.  Here is what I have in the barrel this week:

*Fall is here and I am loving it.  Cooler weather (It's still a bit warm), college football, Saturday morning soccer games, Halloween decorations, and horror movies. Good times.

*A month ago the Rangers were 3.5 games ahead of Oakland and took a nose dive into the standings.  Now the last 2 games of the season are must win and they need help from other teams.  Oh well it does make for a great last week.  This September collapse is all on general manager Jon Daniels.

*Congratulations to Yankees closer Mariano Rivera for his retirement.  I will not miss him but he does have my utmost respect.  He is a real class act along with Derek Jeter.

*Remember when Dallas hosted the Super Bowl a couple of years ago and the city caught a lot of flack because we had ice and snow storms that had not been seen around here in 30 years?  Well take notice the big game is in New York this year and will be hosted in an open air stadium in the first week of February.   The Farmers Almanac is calling for a big blizzard that week so let's see how the media treats the Big Apple that week.  We will revisit this in February. 

*I see Clint Eastwood split with his wife a few weeks ago.  When I watched this on TV my wife patted me the shoulder and said "There's still a chance honey."  Ah, I love Mrs. Gauntlet.  Love Clint too.

*So sports analyst wanna be Senator Craig James got fired from Fox Sports after one weekend of work.  Nice.  Craig, that's what happens when you kill five hookers.

*Duck Dynasty is one of the highest rated shows on TV.  It is quite entertaining but there sure are a lot of folks out there that hate on it.  It is a show built on God and family values so I guess the people that hate on it are the ones that don't get that stuff either.

*Have a great weekend!

No comments: