Wednesday, August 6, 2014

New Release Tuesday

A disfigured composer sells his soul for the woman he loves so that she will perform his music. However, an evil record tycoon betrays him and steals his music to open his rock palace, The Paradise.  I remember seeing clips of this during 1984’s horror trailer movie Terror in the Aisles wondering what it was.  I just finally checked out this horror/comedy/ rock opera earlier this year and was impressed.  Director Brian De Palma has never done anything else like this to my knowledge and it still holds up nicely as a dark satire of the music business today.  Great turns by the late William Finley as the Phantom and Paul Williams as Swan.  Paul will always be little Enos Burdette to me.  This is from Scream Factory so it will look and sound awesome and will be packed with plenty of extras and that is some fantastic art work!

The next new book series to hop on the movie train.  I will watch this is the wife wants to watch it again.

An alien creature stalks human prey.  That sounds good to me!  Another Scream release so check it out.

A grizzly stalks human prey.  Also sounds great to me! 




No comments: