Friday, August 22, 2014

New Release Tuesday

Sony has to keep cranking Spider-man movies out or they risk the rights reverting back to Marvel and they are not going to do that.  The first reboot of this series was not bad but when I heard the follow up was going to have three bad guys or more I knew this movie was in trouble.  Doesn’t Sony remember Spider-man 3?  Anyway way this came out and was number one at the box office for a week and seemed to just disappear after that.  I had a free ticket to this and did not even go because of lack of good news about it. 

Underwater deep-sea miners encounter a Soviet wreck and bring back a dangerous cargo to their base on the ocean floor with horrifying results.  I have not seen this since it debuted on cable.  This has a really good cast with Peter Weller and the late Richard Crenna leading the way.  Directed by the late George P. Cosmatos (Rambo: First Blood Part II, Tombstone, sorta) This is a nice under water monster flick.

I don’t remember much about his flick but I recall it was on late night Cinemax a lot.  Great cover art!

This is another re-release of a Walker two part episode from season 2.  I am really curious as to why we are getting these releases that are already available in season sets.  $10 for this one episode or $15 for all of season 2…hmmmm?  Anyway this is a spin kicking good time either way.



No comments: