Monday, August 18, 2014

PG-13 Expendables is A Dud at the Box Office

Sly and Lionsgate should have known better.  The Expendables 3 PG13 debuted to number four at the box office with 16 million, a far cry from when parts one and two debuted at the number one position.  You cannot change the ratings of your franchise from an R to PG13 and not expect some backlash from the fan base.  The film leaked online a few weeks ago so the studio is blaming the soft opening on that but my opinion is the PG13 rating is a bit of a turn off for a Stallone action movie.  If I want to see PG13 action flick I will go see a Fast and Furious movie.  I was a paying customer on Friday night and word is the blu ray will be rated R so hopefully I will not have to watch watered down Expendables again.

No comments: