Monday, December 22, 2014

New Release Tuesday 12/9

I apologize for the my lazy blogging.  Let's catch up some:


This fun flick proved Marvel can do no wrong right now as anything they touch turns into gold.  This comic has been around for a while and I do not believe I have ever heard of it but man it was a good time at the movies.  This is from director James Gunn who is a Troma Studios alumnus, the ultimate B movie studio, and he just kills it with his writing and direction on Guardians.  The cast in this is stellar and this also features an awesome soundtrack.  The highest of recommendations.

I am really digging these killer shark, whale and dolphin movies.  This one looks good too as I hear they attach lasers to this dolphin and all hell breaks loose.


I have not seen this classic in forever and I have never owned any edition so I will need to pick this up during the next Criterion sale.  All I remember about this is a bunch of midgets, a ship, and Sean Connery kicking a minotaur’s ass.  Directed by the great Terry Gilliam of Monty Python.  





The first was a really nicely made horror flick that deserves another watch.  I mean its Nazi zombies, what’s not to like here?  


Tom Logan is a horse thief. Rancher David Braxton has horses, and a daughter, worth stealing. But Braxton has just hired Lee Clayton, an infamous "regulator", to hunt down the horse thieves; one at a time.  A very underrated western with two awesome stars.


A cynical Buffalo Bill hires Sitting Bull to exploit him and add his credibility to the distorted view of history presented in his Wild West Show. I love Paul Newman and  I still have not seen a Robert Altman film. 







No comments: