Friday, April 10, 2015

Digital Downloads Suck Part 1

I have been seeing commercials and digital ads pushing the release of all the Star Wars movies coming out today on digital download.  Woohoo!   What a joke.  They are charging $90 bucks for you to own rent the first six Star Wars movies.   You will not even be able to watch in them true HD and when Vudu or whoever you use to steam movies goes out of business (Like Target Ticket) you will lose your movies.  That is not $90 very well spent.   I paid $80 for my blu ray set, can watch it in true HD anytime, and will own my copies for ever.  I love physical media is case you did not know.

This whole set is so ludicrous that I have not wasted the time to see if this is Fox or Disney pushing this release out.  I believe Fox owns these while Disney retains the rights to all future movies coming out, pardon me if I am incorrect.  But whoever is pushing this out has ruined a golden opportunity by not releasing the much requested original trilogy not these overdone special editions.  We want to see the versions we saw in the movie theater again sometime.  Maybe we will get that in the future and on a disc!  By the way, many Bothans died to bring us this information.  This is just the first part of many rants to come.



No comments: