Wednesday, April 1, 2015

New Release Tuesday

A team of explorers travel through a wormhole in an attempt to ensure humanity's survival.  I am still kicking myself for not getting to the theater for this one.  This should be good and I like all parties involved in this sci-fi flick.

When a Las Vegas bodyguard with lethal skills and a gambling problem gets in trouble with the mob, he has one last play...and it's all or nothing.  I got a big man crush on the Statham and I can’t say I dislike anything he’s been in yet.  The dude is a stud.  This is a remake of 1986’s Heat with Burt Reynolds which I am not sure if I saw this because it’s not easy to decipher between this and Burt’s other movies of the same time period, Stick and Malone.  

This movie chronicles one woman's 1,100-mile solo hike undertaken as a way to recover from a recent catastrophe.  This is a good little drama where Reese really puts herself out there in every way and turns in a great performance.

During World War II, mathematician Alan Turing tries to crack the enigma code with help from fellow mathematicians.  This is not a war movie but a movie about war and seems interesting.  

A documentary that  follows the lives of two inner-city Chicago boys who struggle to become college basketball players on the road to going professional.  This doc was nominated for an Oscar and this is a Criterion release so it will rock.





No comments: