Friday, September 4, 2015

New Release Tuesday



This is my favorite movie of the year so far and I am so glad director George Miller got back in the business of directing live action movies.  They do not make them like this anymore and I hope we get a couple of more Max movies in the future.  This is a two hour chase movie that’s nonstop, loud, has great characters, and is a great time.  Scored the steelbook at Best buy who had this in their ad and had a whopping four copies on the shelf right when the doors opened that morning.  Highly recommended.



December 18 is not that far off but this animated show debuted last year so Disney could kick off their Star Wars brand and I hear it was quite good.  I may need to sit down and power thru this before season two fires up soon.



I have lived in Texas most of my life and when I was old enough I have always admired how Texans had to fight for their own independence and we kind of do things our own way.  I have lived here long that I am an adopted Texan.  It was nice to see The History channel was doing this story that starts right after the fall of The Alamo as it is always nice to maybe learn some new details about the battle for Texas and this was from the producers of the Hatfields vs McCoys which was awesome. I watched the first three episodes and was underwhelmed so much that I never finished the last two.  Maybe I will get around to it someday.

I thought this was some 80s horror movie I forgot about but this is a new, clever homage to 80's slasher films, about a group of teenagers looking to party and then get stranded when their car breaks down, and end up being stalked by a cannibalistic killer.  Awesome looking poster and sound like a good time.

No comments: