Friday, May 12, 2017

New Release Tuesday



Heat- A group of professional bank robbers start to feel the heat from police when they unknowingly leave a clue at their latest heist.  If this is not the best heist movie then Michael Mann’s other heist movie Thief may take that spot but I love both masterpieces.  This is called the Director’s Definitive Edition and I have read it is worth the upgrade from the old blu ray.  It’s $8 on Amazon, I mean why not?  



Brain Damage- One morning, a young man wakes to find that a small, disgusting creature has attached itself to the base of his brain stem. The creature gives him a euphoric state of happiness but demands human victims in return.  This is an 80s classic that is being released by Arrow so that makes it a must have.  I actually saw this at Fry’s last night and did not pull the trigger.  I was in shock to see Arrow titles in an actual store.



Adios Sabata- Master gunslinger Sabata helps some Mexican revolutionaries steal a wagonload of gold. The late, great Yul Brenner returns to shoot up some stuff.  I cannot keep these sequels straight besides the Lee Van Cleef ones but I do enjoy these.


Psycho Remake-A young female embezzler arrives at the Bates Motel, which has terrible secrets of its own. I saw this at the theater opening weekend and going into it I wondered why this was even made and who thought it would be a good idea?  I still ask those same questions today and I have no interest in revisiting it. 


No comments: