Friday, September 15, 2017

Jamie Lee Curtis Returns to Haddonfield




There has been a new Halloween movie in production for a while now as Blumhouse acquired the rights and brought back the great John Carpenter to be an executive producer and maybe do the score.  David Gordon Green is directing and is also writing the script with Danny Mcbride.  I know what you are thinking, aren’t those comedy guys?  Yes, but did you see Get Out?  That was from a comedy guy too. 

 There was news early this week that Carpenter likes the script and Jason Blum confirmed the new movie will come out on October 19 2018 and is simply titled Halloween.  And now today we get the bomb drop that Jamie Lee Curtis is returning to the franchise that made her a star.  Now be advised, this new sequel takes place right after the events of the original Halloween II so scrap all the sequels after that in your mind and this makes sense now.  Oh, and by the way:  Looks like Michael Myers will be in it too so see you in the theater next October.



Here is some trivia for you:  Director David Gordon Green is a year younger then me and lived a few streets down from my house.  He was a grade below me but I remember the guy from a class or two but I did not know him.  It is kind of cool a guy I went to school with is directing a movie from my favorite horror franchise. 
 

No comments: