Wednesday, April 18, 2018

New Release Tuesday


The Post- A cover-up that spanned four U.S. Presidents pushed the country's first female newspaper publisher and a hard-driving editor to join an unprecedented battle between the press and the government.  I love anything that deals with government corruption and if Speilberg is behind it I will be checking this out for sure.  



The Commuter- An Insurance Salesman/Ex-Cop is caught up in a criminal conspiracy during his daily commute home.  I like action man Liam Neeson and I really like Vera Farmiga in anything.  I noticed this is directed by Jaume Collet-Serra who did the excellent 2009’s The Orphan, Neeson’s Unknown and Non-Stop, and will be guiding the Rock next in Jungle Cruise.  I had not heard much about this upon its release when it came out and it went quickly and just made its above budget for the US gross.  I like it when ex-cops have to kick some booty.


Deep Blue Sea 2- A brilliant billionaire named Carl Durant is experimenting on bull sharks, which soon rebel to cause havoc for a group of scientists.  Was anyone looking for a sequel to Deep Blue Sea almost 20 years later?  The original was a fun movie but I am not sure anyone was keeping an eye out for this DTV sequel.  I think the success of The Shallows and 47 Meters Down and the release of Statham’s The Meg this summer my have prompted this release.  Be cautious here, you may need a bigger boat.


Day of the Reaper- Five women on vacation are stalked by a hooded cannibal killer in the town of Sunnyville Florida. Silly antics and H.G. Lewis-style gore follow the survivors in this camp super-8 epic. I have never heard of this and I thought the cover looked cool.



No comments: