Friday, June 8, 2018

New Release Tuesday


Death Wish: Dr. Paul Kersey is an experienced trauma surgeon, a man who has spent his life saving lives. After an attack on his family, Paul embarks on his own mission for justice. I am a big fan of the original and a couple of its sequels but this one, I was not so sure about just because of the casting.  I was expecting more of an everyday guy to be casted in this kind of like when Willis was casted in the first Die Hard.  Everyone back then was like, “The dude from Moonlighting is in an action movie? ‘I like director Eli Roth’s work a lot and the guy just bleeds movie knowledge and is quite a cool guy when you watch him on something or hear him on podcasts.  I watched this last night and was thoroughly surprised.  Willis pulled this off as the story is quite clever by making the guy look like a buffoon with a gun at the beginning and that sells this story more to me.  This has a really good supporting cast with Hank from Breaking Bad and Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket. Give this a spin.



Hurricane Heist: Thieves attempt a massive heist against the U.S. Treasury as a Category 5 hurricane approaches one of its Mint facilities.  This looks so dumb that it must be pretty good and I bet it is just as crazy as it sounds.  Count me in.




Great Silence: A mute gunfighter defends a young widow and a group of outlaws against a gang of bounty killers in the winter of 1898, as a grim, tense struggle unfolds. This is a Spaghetti Western I am not sure of I have seen or not.


No comments: