Friday, June 29, 2018

Rare New Release Friday


Escape Plan 2- Sequel to the 2013 film that featured a security expert named Ray Breslin, who used his skills to test out the reliability of maximum security prisons.  The first Escape Plan was a nominal hit here in the states but did really big business in China so overall it pulled in quite a bit of cash so a sequel was going to happen with or without Sly and Arnold one way or another.  Atleast Sly comes back for a little while.  I do not have anything against DTV movies, some of them are really good (Universal Soldier: Regeneration) but most are pretty bad and I do not have a good feeling about this one.  If you follow Sly on Instagram I think he spent maybe a week filming this and he has already filmed Escape Plan 3 as well.  This is a paycheck for Stallone and Bautista and I expect them each to be in the movie about 20 minutes of the 94-minute runtime.  A couple of scenes in the beginning and a few at the end and that is all.  But I am all in as I like these guys, so I will give it a spin.  I would like to thank China for co-financing this and throwing in for Rambo 5 and Expendables 4, apparently Sly is still a big draw there.

No comments: