Tuesday, June 12, 2018

New Release Tuesday


Tomb Raider- Lara Croft, the fiercely independent daughter of a missing adventurer, must push herself beyond her limits when she discovers the island where her father disappeared. I was not impressed with the original and I am not very optimistic about this one so it is a pass for me.



The Strangers: Prey at Night-  A family of four staying at a secluded mobile home park for the night are stalked and then hunted by three masked psychopaths. I absolutely loved the first one as it was one of the scariest movies that had come out in a long time.  Some studio BS was the reason we never got another one of these but they finally got their act together to get this out and print some more money.  But I think they made a mistake and waited too long for a sequel and this just got lost and did not bring back the audience of the original that made some big box office money back in the day.  I will still check this out even though it does not have the same feel as the original and that is too bad.




Coming to America: An extremely pampered African Prince travels to Queens, New York, and goes undercover to find a wife whom he can respect for her intelligence and will.  This is one of my favorite comedies that is getting a re-release so I will definitely be picking up a copy this time.  Director John Landis (An American Werewolf in London, Blues Brothers) re-teams with his Trading Places star to create some absolute gold here, highly recommended.  What happened to the sequel being teased awhile back?  “Damn shame what they did to that dog.”



Abominable- A man, crippled in an accident, returns to the woods after rehabilitation, certain that he'll not see Bigfoot again.  This is one of those times where the movie poster just sells me on the movie but then I see it’s Seinfeld’s Crazy Lloyd Braun on there so then my hopes are dashed.  I like what this new company MVD is doing and I cannot wait to pick up their new edition of Lionheart.  This does have Scream Queen Tiffany Shepis in it so maybe…


No comments: