Friday, April 30, 2021

Halfway to Halloween

 


I have been seeing Halfway to Halloween all over the place.  I am all caught up at work for the first time in a long time so I decided to kick back tonight and have a triple shot Thursday.  My daughter has been watching horror movies with me for awhile now so we got the Scream Factory Halloween set out, made breakfast for dinner, and commenced to watching.  



We went with the triple of Halloween: H20, Halloween 4, and capped off the night with the OG John Carpenter's Halloween.  



This one does not hold up as well as it use to.  Since Halloween 2018 was released this was kicked to the curb and does not matter anymore so that probably has something to do with it.  It was great to have Jamie Lee back and even she said a few years ago that this turned into a cash grab for her since she could not get John Carpenter involved.  Still entertaining and is a very lean 86 minutes.



This is one of the best of the sequels of the series that brought Michael and Dr. Loomis back to go at each other again.  Sure it copies a lot from the original but that is very limited and has a very good mood all on its own.  The mask in this is hideous but the movie is so good it does not bother me that much.  And it is all Michael could find at the drugstore at the time.



The best horror movie ever and one of my favs of all time.  I usually watch this in April and a couple of times in October.  I cannot wait for Halloween Kills in October!  


No comments: