Friday, August 13, 2021

New Release Tuesdays

 Things have been steady at the Bat Cave the last few weeks.  I took some time off recently to get away to the mountains.  It was nice to get out of the house I mean cave and get away from it all.  Next week starts a new chapter in my life as my girl heads off to college so its going to get quiet around here.  1 kid released into the world, 1 more to go.  There is some good stuff that has come out recently so lets take a look.  


Wrath of Man- The plot follows H, a cold and mysterious character working at a cash truck company responsible for moving hundreds of millions of dollars around Los Angeles each week.  This is a solid action movie with Statham and Eastwood is a great bad guy in this, Scott Eastwood that is.

 

 


Nobody- A bystander who intervenes to help a woman being harassed by a group of men becomes the target of a vengeful drug lord.  I was on vaca and saw about ¾ of this on the plane and loved what I saw so far.  I never thought Saul would be so good in an action movie like this so I need to pick this up soon so I can finish it.

 


 

Batman: Long Halloween Part 1- Batman investigates a murder spree that takes place on holidays.  I never read this book, so I am going into this blind to see what the caped crusader is up to.  Part 1 was good so will be getting part 2 this week.

 


 

Batman: Long Halloween Part 2- The killer known as Holiday continues to stalk the Falcone crime family while a new class of costumed criminal rises in Gotham City. Batman suspects that a former ally might be the serial killer.  I watched this last night and it was a fitting conclusion.  It is a good who done it.

 



Ten Minutes to Midnight- Bitten by a rabid bat, a late-night radio host terrorizes her co-workers as she slowly transforms into a vampire.  I may give this a rental just because Caroline Williams from Chainsaw 2 is in it.  This is listed as 73 minutes long so it will be a quick watch.

 

 

Spiral- A criminal mastermind unleashes a twisted form of justice in Spiral, the terrifying new chapter from the book of Saw.  I have seen Saw 1 and 2. That’s it.  I have been meaning to watch the rest so now is a good time to start these.  

 


Jakob’s Wife- Anne, married to a small-town Minister, feels her life has been shrinking over the past 30 years. Encountering "The Master" brings her a new sense of power and an appetite to live bolder. However, the change comes with a heavy body count.  I have been reading a lot of good things about this for a while now and I love Barbara Crampton in anything.  This is on Shudder next month so I will catch it then.

 



The Wraith- After a young man is murdered by a road-racing gang of motor-heads, a mysterious fast-driving spirit descends from the sky to take revenge.  I am so glad this is finally getting a blu ray release.  This is a great, action, sc-fi 80s revenge movie.  Wal Mart actually had this on the shelf.

 


A Quiet Place 2- Following the events at home, the Abbott family now face the terrors of the outside world. Forced to venture into the unknown, they realize the creatures that hunt by sound are not the only threats lurking beyond the sand path.  The first one was really good and this was a worthy follow up.  This was the first movie my family and I saw this year at the theater.

 


 

Butcher, Baker Nightmare Maker aka Night Warnings- An orphaned teenager finds himself being dominated by his aunt who's hell-bent on keeping him with her...at all costs.  I have seen this once and it was at Dismember the Alamo several years ago and it was the most fun I have ever had in a packed theater. Oh I hope Dismember is on this year.  Anyway, this movie is bat shit crazy and picked up the Code Red Edition awhile back and still have not watched it because I fear it may not be as good watching at home by myself.

 

 

No comments: