Thursday, August 5, 2021

True Lies on Blu Ray!

 

I have not watched this movie in about 15 years.  The DVD of this is non-anamorphic and is horrible to watch.  The last time I watched this I swore I was not watching it again until it was on blu ray.  James Cameron has been taking his sweet ass time on mastering this and The Abyss even replying to Ryan Reynolds a few years ago on Twitter that getting these movies on blu ray were on his "To Do List".  Well, we are still waiting and a few months back I came across this Spanish region free blu ray on Amazon.  It got down to $20 so I popped for it and finally played it last night.  This is my favorite non-Terminator Arnold movie, it was a joy to watch it after all these years and I forgot how great Jaime Lee Curtis is in this.  The blu ray is good, much better then the DVD version.  Picture Quality is good but I would imagine a US release with Cameron approved transfer will look much better. You will need to set the audio to English (Ingles)  and turn off the subtitles.  So if you have been jonesing for this action classic go ahead and get this on Amazon because it does not appear it is coming out here in the US in the foreseeable future.  Do it!

No comments: