Saturday, September 24, 2011

Nirvana's Nevermind: 20 Years Later

I have turned this into a music blog this week.  Today is a landmark in music history when Nirvana released their second album and changed the scene of rock music.  Out were bands with leather and big perfect hair, in now was flannel and messy hair.  This trio had a unique sound that captured the youth of America and were propelled to stardom by MTV by playing 'Smells like Teen Spirit' it seemed every hour.  But I watched every time it came on and rocked it out on cassette in my light blue Chevy S-10.   Remember when when MTV played music videos?  Nevermind is regarded as one of the best rock albums of all-time and lead the way for the likes of Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, and Stone Temple Pilots.  Good stuff, I am going to find this CD and rock out in my silver Ford F-150 today.

No comments: