Wednesday, August 14, 2013

New Release Tuesday



Director Adam Green brought back an old style horror movie feel to us with Hatchet in 2006.  He used practical effects and introduced us to a new horror icon in Victor Crowley played by the great Kane Hodder (Jason in Friday the 13th parts 7-10).  The movie played well with timely comedy bits, nice cameos, and some great scares.  Hatchet II came out in 2010 and was a really good follow up and as always our villain appeared to be a goner.  These movies are a lot of fun.  I look forward to checking out how they bring Vic back for this third one.



The first of the White House taken over, hostage movies.  The trailers made this look really bad so I am not sure if this even deserves a rental.  That other White House taken over, hostage movie looks better.



Tommy Lee Jones as General Douglas MacArthur in a World War II Movie?  Sold!


I have not seen this since I was a kid.  This was really good stuff back then as Kermit was trying to avoid Charles Durning catching him for his frog legs.  Check out the cast on this!  I will have to check this out some time and see if my kids like it better then the last Muppet movie.




No comments: