Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pancake Saturday

On Saturdays I usually serve up pancakes for breakfast and then reflect on what happened that week.  Think of it like my scatter shooting of the week.  Here is what I have in the barrel this week:

*College football is a week away. That is awesome!  As for the Dallas Cowboys?  I am not too interested in them this season.  Now if they start 6-0 I may reconsider.

*A month ago the Texas Rangers 6 games back and were on the verge of of losing OF Nelson
Cruz.  Things were going pretty bad for the team.  Since then?  As of today they have a 3.5 game lead on the swinging A's, are 7-3 in their last 10, and have a 9 game road winning streak.  And Adrian Beltre is having an MVP season.

*For a Texas summer this has been a great summer.  Two years ago it would be 114 outside, yesterday it was 98.  I will take that any summer day.

*Been in a Best Buy lately?  Don't bother if you are looking for music or movies.  Those items are pretty much non existent there now.

*The DFW Alamo Drafthouse rocks!  It is a grand movie watching experience that you need to go check out sometime.

* Since the kids were out of school that means I get to sleep in too this summer.  School starts on Monday, bye bye sleeping in.

* I read something from a local CEO the other day about laying off 100 local workers and sending the work to India.  He said it would make his company a better company.  Yeah buddy keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night and allows you to collect your bonus.

* Have a good weekend!

No comments: