Friday, October 4, 2013

New Release Tuesday

Disclosure time: I have never seen this Disney classic.  You’d think with girls in the house I would be watching this every other weekend but this title has eluded us somehow.  A trip to Disney World this past summer brought the question, “Do we own this?” and I was surprised we do not so I am glad this is out of the vault.

One of the summer’s big animated flicks and it was met for approval for the ones with shorter loegs around the house.  

Scream Factory brings us the Amityville Horror collection parts 1-3.  If memory serves me correct these were the only ones to play in the theater as there are more sequels that went straight to video.  The first movie was real creepy and had a lot going for it with the prior release of the book.  The second movie served as a prequel and was ok until the second half when it then became an Exorcist ripoff.  I never saw part 3 but 3D was the way to go for a third entry back in the 80s.  

An Alaska State Trooper partners with a young woman who escaped the clutches of serial killer Robert Hansen to bring the murderer to justice. This was based on actual events.  I have been missing John Cusack so I need to check this out.

I cannot stand most of the guys on the cover of this so I seriously doubt this will play at my house.





No comments: